We first came across Miguel when he joined HP’s European communications team and he made an immediate impact on how we as the agency worked and the results we all achieved. Miguel’s background of big brand employers told us he was going to be on the ball and he was exactly that. Since then Miguel has moved to San Diego to market HP’s great looking Smart Marketing Suite product and also spending some time in the printing division too if I’m not mistaken.
Usually not short of conversation, Miguel has answered our interview questions in a quick to the point style, so feel free to ask for more detail in the comments and we may just glean some other pearls of wisdom. (I for one would love to know more about the trials in augmented reality Miguel mentions).
1. What’s your name and where do you come from?
MIGUEL ADAO, DIRECTOR SMART MARKETING SUITE AMERICAS, HP
HP IS IN THE IT/SOFTWARE/CONSULTING SECTOR
2. What are the key marketing challenges you’re facing over the next 12 months?
CONVINCING CMO’S THAT HP’S SMART MARKETING SUITE OF PRODUCTS WILL HELP THEM REDUCE MARKETING COSTS, AND IMPROVE MARKETING EFFICIENCY
3. What marketing tactics have been most effective for you in the last 12 months?
LEVERAGING MY NETWORK OF PARTNERS, BOTH INTERNALLY IN HP AND EXTERNALLY.
4. What metrics have you been using to measure the success of your marketing campaigns?
INVESTMENT, AND RETURN ($’S SPENT, AND INCREMENTAL $’S EARNED)
5. How has your marketing strategy evolved with the advent of new social media tools such as twitter and facebook?
FRANKLY, NOT ALL THAT MUCH. MY MARKETING IS MORE AIMED AT LARGE ENTERPRISES, NOT CONSUMERS.
6. Are you planning on using any new marketing technologies in the next 12 months? (e.g. marketing automation, augmented reality, QR codes)
YES, WE WILL PROBABLY RUN PILOTS WITH ALL OF THOSE
7. What are the key elements of a strong agency client relationship?
UNDERSTANDING OF EACH OTHER’S OBJECTIVES, PRIORITIES AND PAIN-POINTS