It’s amazing how many companies there are providing marketing advice to SMBs – like us for instance. Many of them publish free articles and post newsletters that can be of incredible value, or sometimes a huge waste of time. I know because I read them all trying to find great material for my readers.
This one’s very useful. It’s all about improving the response rates from your email campaigns. Let’s face it, just sending out emails to your customers, clients, prospects and anyone whose address you have, doesn’t always provide the greatest return. The main problem is the sheer volume of email we receive. Apparently “Recent statistics show that over 50% of the tens of billions of e-mails sent daily are spam”. It’s no wonder our messages are not received.
So what can you do to improve your email marketing?
Well, for a start, read the article on BusinessKnowHow.com. It lists 8 top tips for you to think about (see below) and you can read the article by clicking here.
- Get permission
- Focus on your Subject Line
- Front-load your message
- Pay attention to the spam triggers
- Tighten up the body of your message
- What’s on the screen?
- Select appropriate font colours
- List Maintenance – Keep your lists up-to-date
For me, you should also consider that:
- keeping it simple will create a bigger impact – too many “special offers” or options will reduce your conversion rates.
- providing two versions, plain text and html, will hit a wider audience.
- making sure any links to your website are correct will reduce instant deletions.
And finally. ADD VALUE! If you provide something of use in your emails, people are much more likely to read what you’ve got to say. They will also be more receptive to your promotional material.